Do you feel that all your energy is drowned just in the middle of your working hours? It is tough to remain active for the whole day, especially when you have a monotonous daily routine. Do you need any Energy boosting item to eat?
Here are the healthy foods that can keep you energized during your busy day:
- Banana: It is an instant energy source. It has been observed that lack of potassium in the body leads to physical weakness. Having a banana is beneficial for you as it has an adequate amount of potassium and carbohydrate in it.
- Eggs: They are rich in amino acids, protein, and omega-3 essential fatty acids, and are essential for a robust immune system, muscle growth, brain power and much more. With more than ten key nutrients, the eggs are vital for a healthy body.
- Walnuts: Also called ‘brain food,’ these plant products have a higher concentration of omega-3 essential fats in it. A fistful of walnuts can give body-building calcium, fiber, and many other nutrients to your body. This would result in amplification of your energy.
- Yogurt: It constitutes of protein, calcium and vitamin B-12 and low fat, which is beneficial for our body health. Available in different flavors, it is capable of converting the nutrients into energy quickly and efficiently.
- Shakes: Shakes or green smoothies (made from a perfect blend of fruits and green vegetables) can give you a wake call, whenever you need one. Enjoy one to taste something delicious and healthy!
- Dark Chocolate: You might be surprised to know that dark chocolate can boost up your energy level. The dark chocolate has caffeine, which helps to keep your body active and enhance metabolism. Also, this sweet thing has a heart-healthy anti-oxidants. Going for organic dark chocolate instead of dairy one would result in better results.
- Coconut Water: It is, no doubt, the most cheaper and valuable source of energy. This ‘natural energy drink’ is a complete package of vitamins and minerals like potassium and lauric acid, which refreshes your body and accelerates the metabolism process. Also, as it is low in sugar, fat, and sodium content, it is beneficial for staying healthy and fit.
- Lentils: They are a perfect replacement for rice and pasta in almost every recipe. They are rich in protein, amino acids, vitamins, and minerals. They also have fiber that helps to control the glucose level.
Add a cupful of cooked garbanzo beans of red kidney beans to your lunch salad and feel the energy.
- Oatmeal: If you take oatmeal without butter and brown sugar, it is a good source of carbohydrate. In fact, it is one of the primary energy boosting items. It is effective in controlling the blood glucose level and keep the person feel satisfied for a longer time. In addition to this, it has Vitamin B which is known for improving energy level. So, to add more energy to your day, eat oatmeal before 11 am each day.
So, if you have to sit for a long in the office, you must have at least one of these food items with you! After all, an energetic body and an active mind is a must for getting productive results. In addition to this, you can have a walk in between your long sitting hours. This would surely help you to remain refreshed for a long!