Make Your Makeup Last Longer
There’s nothing more disturbing than looking in the mirror mid-afternoon to see all your makeup has worn off. You’ve spent your precious time to get that perfect makeup look and what do the heat and humidity do? They swoop into the picture and wash away all the makeup. A thing of beauty should be a joy forever or at least until six o’clock!
But there’s good news for you! We have the failproof tips to share with you that will help you in beating the heat by making your makeup stay all day!
- Always start with a clean face. We all know very well that oil and water don’t mix, and the oils on our face aren’t an exception to that rule! An oily face makes the makeup melt off very quickly. If you want your makeup to last, make a habit to start with a clean face. With a gentle cleanser remove any excess dirt and oil. After patting your skin dry, apply a lightweight and oil-free moisturizer with SPF. Before applying any additional products, let it sink in for about three minutes.
- Primer ‘seals in’ your moisturizer and gives a smooth, even surface for makeup. It helps in filling the pores, blur imperfections, and help your makeup look better and last longer. The perk of using a primer is it keeps the makeup from being absorbed, giving it greater staying power.
- Use a long-lasting and oil-free foundation that has the required SPF to keep the face protected throughout the day. Remember to start with the thinner layers and then build up the coverage from there. Thick layers make the makeup look cakey and melt away easily. Long-wear makeup is so-called for a reason as they contain boast budge-free formulas that make your look last long without looking heavy. Also, consider switching your eye makeup products with waterproof ones to prevent smudging throughout the day.
- After finishing your makeup, set it with a translucent powder. It smoothens your whole look and removes excess oil if any. Try a makeup setting spray to help your makeup last even longer. Spraying it on your face before and after your makeup will lock everything in place. Also, it helps the powder makeup look more like your natural skin.
- Try lip mapping. The secret for a long-lasting lipstick is sandwiching in the color. Firstly outline your lips with a lip liner, map out your cupids bow and the corners. It gives the structure and grip for your lipstick. Start by applying the lip color with a brush. Build in fine layers and finish it with another coat of pencil to set it.
- Stop the touching. Hold the urge to touch your face throughout the day! As the oils on your hands can get transferred to your skin, which causes the makeup to budge. Not only that, but the germs and bacteria on your hands can lead to future breakouts.
- Since it is tempting to top-up the makeup throughout the day. But avoid Reapplying. Go easy as too much of the powder can look cakey and leave a heavy finish. Regular build-ups can increase the pore size and surface dehydration, in the long run, so your focus should be avoiding the act to cure your disappearing makeup.
Do use the above-mentioned tips in your routine and see the magic these tips brings in your life!